1 - 6
7 - 10
Clay 11 - 12
13 - 18
Golf Club House
MSC Liquigas Singles Ladder Competition Printable version
The Marsa Sports Club Tennis Section is once again organising the popular Singles Ladder competition, kindly sponsored by Liquigas. This is open for players aged 16 and over. Like last year, this tournament is open for players of all levels of ability.
Registration is free of charge.
Players are to book a court at the applicable fee and both players playing in the challenge should split this fee.
All MSC Tennis Section members in good club standing are kindly invited to participate.
Registrations end on the 29th of December 2017. Ladder competition will start on the 8th of January 2018, with the last match to be played before the 30th of June 2018 on which day the ladder ranking becomes final. The top 4 players will go on to compete for the title in a round-robin competition to be played between the 1st of July and the 31st of July 2018.The initial seeding will be organised by lucky draw which will be held on the TBD.
How to register
Each ladder will run on wotscore.com from where players can challenge others, record their results and keep track of their progress and that of other players. To register, just click on the links below and follow the instructions.
How it Works
1. There will be one ladder for this year’s event.
2. Standings and results will be available on the link below:
a. The MSC Liquigas Singles Ladder Web address is:https://www.wotscore.com/competitions/3166
b. There is also a Facebook group page and the Web address is:https://www.facebook.com/groups/331961067196988/
3. You may only challenge one player at a time.
4. You may challenge players that are a maximum of 5 positions above you.
5. A player must challenge someone else before replaying a match against the same player.
6. By accepting a challenge, you agree to play the challenge within 14 days after the date of acceptance.
7. If you cannot play within 14 days, simply "Deny" the challenge and the Challenger will be rewarded the win and can move on.
8. A challenge which is accepted but not started within 14 days will expire and the Challenger will automatically win a forfeit.
9. If the Challenger wins he or she takes the opponent's place on the ladder and all other players shuffle down one place.
10. Each challenger moves up one place on the ladder automatically once a challenge is issued and accepted and the match is played.
11. The winner of the match is responsible for reporting the results within 24 hours on the ladder’s site directly or, alternatively, by sending a WhatsApp message or email to the ladder coordinator.
12. All players are responsible for booking their own courts at MSC and for providing 3 new or almost new tennis balls for the challenge.
13. All matches will consist of two sets with regular ad scoring, with a championship tie break to 10 at set all.
Marsa Sports Club
Website Design By Think Malta