The Malta Open Championships will be organised by the Tennis Section of the Marsa Sports Club and played on its courts. It is sanctioned by the Malta Tennis Federation and will be conducted under its Rules and Regulations.
|Mr Jevon Dimech
||Dr Mohab Fahmi
The following events will be open to all players being 14 years and over by the first day of the tournament.
Entry Fees: Singles event €20 and Doubles event €10 each player. These must be submitted with the Entry Form.
Doubles Partners must be nominated on the Entry Form and must each submit a separate form.
The Draws will be held on Tuesday 3rd October, 2023 at 1800h.
Prize money will be distributed as follows:
Mens’ Singles: €600 Winner – €300 Runner Up
Ladies’ Singles: €300 Winner – €150 Runner Up
Doubles (Each): €75 Winner – €50 Runners Up
Prizes/Trophies will be awarded to the winners and runners-up of the various events on court following the finals.
Challenge Cups presented to the winners must be returned to M.S.C.
The Committee reserves the right not to give any Prize Money should any entry be less than 16 players.
- A preliminary round (or Rounds) will be played if any event attracts more than 32 entries.
- A schedule of play will be drawn up at the start of the tournament. Players must be available for play at any time and on any day and must also be available to play 2 matches on any one day. Players must also be prepared to play or continue unfinished matches under floodlights and if necessary on different courts.
- Fixtures of the following days play will be posted on the M.S.C. Tennis Section notice board. Players may also phone club reception to check the day and time of play. Notwithstanding this, it is the responsibility of each player to find out when they are scheduled to play each day. Players arriving more than 15 minutes late for a scheduled match may be scratched at the discretion of the Referee or Organisers. Entry fees will not be refunded.
- All matches will be played in accordance with the current International Tennis Federation rules, a copy of which is available at the tennis office of the M.S.C. Players guilty of bad behaviour or any unsportsmanlike action may be penalized, suspended or disqualified by the Referee and his decision will be final.
- Scoring: All matches will be the best of 3 sets with a tiebreak operating at 6 ALL in all sets except in doubles – No Advantage and 3rd set championship tie-break.
- No complaint in connection with the tournament can be entertained by the Referee unless made in writing within 48 hours of the occurrence and no application for leave to appeal against any decision of the Referee can be entertained by the Council of the M.T.F. unless made in writing and lodged with the Secretary of the Association within 48 hours.
- The Referee and Organisers reserve the right to alter or modify the program and conditions in any way they deem fit.
- Minimum Age requirement: Players should be 14 years and over by the first date of the tournament.
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: Sunday 1st October, 2023